Do you like to dress up and show off your costume? So do we! Cosplay and Hall Costumes are welcome here! Please note that ConQuesT is a family-oriented convention (keep it covered, folks!).
Saturday: The ConQuesT Masquerade
- 11:30 am–Noon: Mandatory Meeting for all Masquerade Participants.
Purpose: Turn in your paper work, get questions answered, meet your MC and stage crew sign up for your 10 minute rehearsal time.
- Noon-2 pm: Masquerade rehearsal. Contestants are assigned 10-minute time slots to run through their time on stage, discuss details of their presentation with the stage crew, and get suggestions for the best presentation of their work. All large, awkward props and all weapons should be brought to this rehearsal.
- 6:30 pm: Masquerade participants assemble. All contestants report behind stage for judges photos and presentation order.
- 6:45 pm: House opens for seating
- 7 pm: Masquerade begins
- Intermission: Photo opp and maybe a short game will occur while we wait for the judges to make their decisions.
- Surprise the audience, not the Masquerade Director.
- If you do not attend the rehearsal, you do not participate in the Masquerade.
- The Masquerade Director must approve all weapons. (Please review the weapons policy in the program book.)
- Judges decisions are final.
- Entry classifications are:
- Junior (for entrants under the age of 13)
- Competition (for entrants 13 years of age and older)
- Exhibition (for participants who only wish to show their costume and not compete for prizes)
- No unaltered, bought costumes may be worn in the masquerade for competition.
- Please keep your time on stage under 50 seconds unless approved by the Masquerade Director.
- Please remember that the ConQuesT Masquerade is for FUN.
- All entry forms must be turned in at the mandatory meeting on the Saturday of ConQuesT.
- Costume presentation: Small group of one to four people who have costumes to show case and less than 50 seconds of material
- CosPlay: Group presentation of a scene or modification of a character (s) that lasts more than 50 seconds and less than 2 minutes.
- Anything outside of these definitions must be approved by the Masquerade Director prior to presentation. The sooner you contact me, the sooner we can discuss details and you can plan for a fabulous Masquerade.
For more information, email masquerade@ConQuesTkc.org.