Do you like to dress up and show off your costume? So do we! Cosplay and Hall Costumes are welcome here! Please note that ConQuesT is a family-oriented convention (keep it covered, folks!).
Friday: NEW! Hall Costume Contest
8 pm – 10 pm (photo area to be announced)
Wear your costume and have your picture taken so that they can be posted. Judging for awards will be done by the attendees and by a secret panel of judges.
Hall Costume Rules
- Costumes will be judged in two categories:
a. Random hall encounters
- All costumes worn in the hallway on Friday night from 7 pm to 10 pm will be considered.
- Friday night hall costumes may NOT be entered in the Saturday Masquerade Contest for prize consideration.
- Voting will be done by judges and a special fan vote.
- Only one costume per attendee will be considered.
- Participants must be a member of ConQuesT.
- No store-bought or unaltered street clothing costumes will be considered.
- All decisions on eligibility and judging are final.
- Weapons policies must be followed or participant will be disqualified.
Fan Voting Procedure:
- Pictures taken Friday night will be posted Saturday morning.
- Pictures will be posted on voting receptacles.
- Attendees will vote with their dollars and change for their favorite costume.
- Costume with the highest total wins.
- All funds raised will go to purchasing sound and light equipment for ConQuesT.
Awards will be given out at half-time during the Saturday night Masquerade Contest.
Saturday: The ConQuesT Masquerade
- 11:30 am –Noon: Mandatory Meeting for all Masquerade Participants.
Purpose: Turn in your paper work, get questions answered, meet your MC and stage crew sign up for your 10 minute rehearsal time.
- Noon-2 pm: Masquerade rehearsal. Contestants are assigned 10-minute time slots to run through their time on stage, discuss details of their presentation with the stage crew, and get suggestions for the best presentation of their work. All large, awkward props and all weapons should be brought to this rehearsal.
- 6:30 pm: Masquerade participants assemble. All contestants report behind stage for judges photos and presentation order.
- 6:45 pm: House opens for seating
- 7 pm: Masquerade begins
Awards for the Hall Costume contest, photo run through and maybe a time for a short game will occur while we wait for the judges to make their decisions.
Masquerade Rules for ConQuesT 44
- Surprise the audience, not the Masquerade Director.
- If you do not attend the rehearsal, you do not participate in the Masquerade.
- The Masquerade Director must approve all weapons. (Please review the weapons policy in the program book.)
- Judges decisions are final.
- Entry classifications are:
- Junior (for entrants under the age of 13)
- Competition (for entrants 13 years of age and older)
- Exhibition (for participants who only wish to show their costume and not compete for prizes)
- No unaltered, bought costumes may be worn in the masquerade for competition.
- Please keep your time on stage under 50 seconds unless approved by the Masquerade Director.
- Please remember that the ConQuesT Masquerade is for FUN.
- All entry forms must be turned in at the mandatory meeting on the Saturday of ConQuesT.
- Costume presentation: Small group of one to four people who have costumes to show case and less than 50 seconds of material
- CosPlay: Group presentation of a scene or modification of a character (s) that lasts more than 50 seconds and less than 2 minutes.
- Anything outside of these definitions must be approved by the Masquerade Director prior to presentation. The sooner you contact me, the sooner we can discuss details and you can plan for a fabulous Masquerade.
For more information, email masquerade@ConQuesTkc.org.