The ConQuesT Art Show features some of the finest science fiction and fantasy art in the Midwest! We welcome both amateur and professional artists to display and sell their one of a kind pieces. All mediums are accepted, and in past years have included oil and water colors, pen and ink, clay works, photography, jewelry, metal sculpture, 3d paper art, digital prints, wood carvings, fiber arts, glass works, and many more.
This is a juried show. If you have never shown your work at ConQuesT, or haven’t in several years, please fill out the Art Show application and let us know more about you. We will let you know about your acceptance as soon as possible. We will promptly refund any fees paid by an artist who is not accepted.
Note to Artists:
- Artists must register and pay art show fees to get an assigned space in the main show or the print shop, and to receive an Artist Number and art show forms. The Artist Number must be on all control sheets, bid sheets, and print tags.
- If you have never shown your work at ConQuesT before, our staff jury needs to see and accept your artwork. See the registration form for how to submit samples for the jury process. We will let you know about your acceptance as soon as possible (and we will promptly refund any fees paid by an artist who is not accepted).
- Returning ConQuesT artists do not have to submit samples.
- Space reservations will be made on a first-paid, first-reserved basis.
- Mail-in artists are welcome to participate. Mail-in deadline will be posted once available.
- Attending artists may participate in programming and demo of their work, if desired. Please contact programming and use panel applications.
Rachael Mayo | Artist Guest of Honor
Rachael Mayo is a fantasy and SF artist from Kansas City, Missouri. She earned a bachelor’s degree in illustration from University of Central Missouri in 1999. Art is Rachael’s foremost hobby, and she spends most hours outside of her day job producing art. (Her day job is technical; she is a systems administrator who enjoys tormenting unsuspecting mainframes.)
Rachael prefers traditional art mediums and specializes in combination techniques that include watercolor, colored pencil, paint pens, ink, acrylic, and shiny objects. She likes to create creatures with eye-searingly bright color schemes.
Most of the artwork Rachael produces is in the form of private commissions and personal projects. She occasionally creates book covers and interior illustrations, and works primarily with small press publishers.
Rachael shows her work every year at science-fiction/fantasy convention art shows around the country. Rachael shares her art online at deviantArt: http://rachaelm5.deviantart.com; Rachael may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org; Rachael may be found on Facebook as Rachael Mayo of Raytown, MO.